crackpotcomics said: 9 and 19!
9. Five of your favorite blogs
Well, I’m assuming this is referring to tumblr blogs, but I’m gonna venture beyond that and just share other places, because I actually spend a lot of my time elsewhere (and all the blogs I follow on tumblr are art blogs and funny shit, and I really can’t choose between you guys)!
I’ve been reading (like for the past 8 months) a lot on both progressive and fundamentalist Christianity, so it’s basically just that kinda stuff. So in no particular order:
Love, Joy, Feminism by Libby Anne (Woman who was raised in Christian fundamentalist movement, left and became an atheist, she has really wonderful insights into that world and is all-around sweet and brilliant) (Literally spent all morning on her blog today.)
Jamie the Very Worst Missionary by … Jamie (Fantastic, funny and swears freely) (Idk if I would consider her Progressive, as in, standing for a movement, she’s just herself with no agenda and it’s nice.)
Permission to Live by Melissa (Similar to Libby Anne, with variations, of course. Her husband came out as transgender during their marriage, and she not only supported her spouse, but was able to come to terms with her own sexuality. Super interesting, and again, another sweetheart.)
Broken Daughters by Lisa (Again, similar background to Libby Anne, though more extreme, pretty abusive. She broke away and it’s just her reflecting and dealing with new things and views.)
Rachel Held Evans … something about her annoys me a little, though I can’t put my finger on what, but generally, I dig what she has to share. (Me getting annoyed does not make her not worth listening to, plus Idk if my annoyance is even grounded on anything. Minus her quoting herself from time to time? Why do people do that????? It’s like liking your own facebook status.)
19. Five things on your wishlist
1. A car of my own. It doesn’t have to be fancy. It can be used. I’ve been borrowing my roommate’s car, but I would like my own.
2. Tiny office space just for me. Like, a separate room for me to work.
3. A scanner. Preferably 11x17. I guess a printer-scanner combo works.
4. A COUCH. You have no idea, I love couches so much, and we don’t own one and there’s no room for a couch downstairs because we all have our desks down there. D: COOOOOUCH.
5. A buttload of cash.